All games/fixtures will take place at the Calgary Rugby Union - 9025 Shepard Road SE Calgary, AB
Please be on time for all your fixtures.
Clearwater 7’s Tournament Rules and Details
- This is an ASAA sanctioned event, therefore all players must be registered at the respective school of the team.
- The World Rugby Laws for U 19’s will apply to this tournament.
- All games will be 14 minutes (7 minute halves) in duration with a 1 minute half-time. This will be shortened if your game starts late. Please have your team ready to play at your scheduled times.
- Teams will have 3 minutes to clear the field at the conclusion of their game.
- All teams are guaranteed a minimum of 4 games. Junior Girls and Junior Boys Divisions will have 3 round robin games and 1 playoff game to follow. Senior Girls and Senior Boys will play 2 round robin games and 2 playoff games. In the Junior Divisions, the top team in each pool will compete for the Cup Final and the top team in each pool of the Senior Girls and Boys Divisions will compete for the Cup Final
- Tournament t-shirts will not be provided this year due to the uncertainty of COVID during the planning of the tournament.
- Awards: Trophies will be awarded to the Cup Champions.
- Music: with the uncertainty of COVID during the planning of this tournament, DJ Pez will not be present this year.
- Pets: NO PETS- Please communicate to players and families to keep pets at home. It has become a safety issue the past couple tournaments with the amount of people and limited space.
- Garbage: Please keep the Calgary Rugby Union CLEAN! It is a World Class facility, let's keep it that way.
Tie Breaking Protocols:
- For determining placement after round robin play, the 1st tie breaker will be games against each other. The 2nd tie breaker will be points for and against, and the 3rd tie breaker will be a coin toss. (Tie breakers 1 and 2 may be repeated if three teams are tied, before doing the coin toss as the last tie breaker)
- If teams are tied after regulation time during round robin play, the tie will stand. If teams are tied after regulation time in the playoff round, a 3 minute sudden death overtime will be played. If teams are still tied after the sudden death overtime period, one player from each team will be chosen to drop-kick for goal starting 10 meters from the goal line directly in front of the posts and backing up 5 meter until one kicker misses the attempt.
Parking: Please carpool. We have limited parking.
Balls: Please bring your own practice balls for warm-up plus one match ball.
Colour Clashes: In the event that a team’s colour is too close to the opposition’s colours, the team whose school name comes first alphabetically will change their playing jerseys to a set provided by the tournament organizers.
Concession: NO ALCOHOL BEVERAGES WILL BE SOLD during the tournament. Food and beverages will be available.
Athletic Therapy: Certified therapists will be on hand to assist with any injuries. They will also be available for taping, but teams will be responsible for their own supplies.
Change Rooms: Change rooms and washrooms are available. Do not leave belongings in the change rooms , they are more secure on the team bench.
Warm Up: Please avoid using endzone for warm up.
Have a great tournament!
-Clearwater 7's Tournament Committee